We have a number of different options with the types of Spray tans available.
The classic tan is always a good look, or the express tan for those with a shorter time for processing. 1 hour = light tan 2 hours = medium tan 3 hours = dark tan
We also have available, the Lux tan and the Express tan. This is ideal for those with drier skins, as the tan has extra moisturising oils for a longer more beautiful wearing tan.
We also have retail products available to help keep the beautiful tan last longer.
Spray Tanning Before and After Care:
Pre - Tan
The following pre-tan procedure is absolutely essential if you want to achieve a great spray tan. If you don't follow them you risk poor results!
The spray tanning solution affects only the dead skin cells. Your skin has a build up of dead skin cells on top of it. The thicker the layer, the sooner it will rub off. If you exfoliate, the layer will be very shallow, and it will take a while for it to “build up”. Your tan will last longer. It is important to use products that don't contain any oils, otherwise the oily barrier can stop the spray tanning solution getting through. .Also do not wash with bar soap of any kind on the day of your tan as it will leave a layer of film on your skin and prevent an even tan.
2. Wax/shave your legs/armpits before your spray tan.
Shaving must be done between 8 and 24 hours prior to your spray tan and waxing must be done at least 24 hours prior. This is to ensure all of your pores are closed otherwise the pores may get tan in and appear “spotty".
3. Don't wear any deodorant, make-up, perfumes or moisturiser before a spray tan.
Many deodorants will stop spray tanning solution going through. Some others will turn the armpits green! Few moisturizers and makeup products can act as a barrier, not letting the full amount of the solution to attach itself to the skin. Instead moisturise fully the day before your tan as this will help your tan last longer.
4. Wear loose-fitting clothing after your spray tan.
After your spray tan the tan needs to “set” and this takes about an hour. It is therefore best to wear clothes and shoes (preferably flip flops) as loose as possible to wear after your spray tanning to make sure nothing rubs off. Try to ensure they are dark cotton garments as wool, lycra, nylon spandex and silk will stain. Colour may transfer to clothes and/or sheets during the first 6-8 hours after being sprayed. If this happens, wash fabric as you normally would to remove the colour.
1. Leave your tan for at least 5-7 hours and overnight if possible before showering or taking a bath (Classic Tan). Times differ for Express Tan. (1 hour/ light tan, 2 hours/medium tan, 3 hours/dark tan) This allows your tan to develop. Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan. Jandals are a good choice.
2. Avoid applying moisturises or deodorants.
3. Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours.
4. All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 5 hours as this can inhibit the development of your tan.
5. Don't shave until 12 hours after your treatment.
6. Don't sit on light coloured fabrics until you've showered or taken a bath as the colour guide can cause discolouration.
Remember. When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don't worry. This is quite normal as it is only the colour guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.
It is recommended you follow these general guidelines to maintain your tan:
1. Moisturise regularly (use oil-free moisturiser).
2. Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation.
3. Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
4. Avoid swimming pools or sea water as these can reduce your tan
Spray Tan Cost: $45, with your choice of St Tropez Classic, Express for Lux Tans.